Friday, December 17, 2010

Grades in for one course

I finished turning in grades for LIBS150 last night (undergrad 1 credit information literacy course (use of the library and Internet resource) - last minute for some students. One student actually turned in something as I was posting his grade! It's a required course. LIBS 150: Largely skills-based. Passing the course means that students show some evidence of that they've achieved some mastery over those skills. When this course gets started there's a lot of "I'm only taking this because it's required." At the end of the course many students indicate "I wish I'd taken this course earlier in my academic career." That's gratifying, but I didn't feel all that great about students who didn't respond to my cajoling and reminding. Maybe you just can't even get to all of them.

No comments: