Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Google Calendar

I'm dreading the day they turn off "classic" Google calendar! I'm having great difficulty using the new "sleek design." On the iPhone, it takes a lot of manual dexterity to click to fill out the form to create an event - and an extra special amount of dexterity to use the scrolling wheel device to put in a start and an end time... I can barely manage it! So far all my attempts to manage input on that screen have been embarrassing! Viewing the new calendar is disappointing - I can't see as much on the screen as I have been. I can't see 8 AM - 8 PM for the work week on the screen on my iPhone without scrolling. Soon everyone will need to use the redesign and I'm not sure what to do about that. (I understand the "no going back" date is February 5.) Up until now Google calendar has worked extremely well for me. I hope I can find a calendar that will allow me to entry appointments with fewer fine motor skills - AND sync with all my Google apps. (Why not use voice to input appointments? Might be able to learn to do that - but I work in a library setting where talking to your device would not always be a welcomed option!) P.S. This blog should now be called the "No Longer" Retired Librarian since I have a tenure-earning full-time position at Hillsborough Community College. :)

No comments: