Tuesday, July 26, 2011

iPad

I know I'm late to the party, but finally got to play around with an iPad 1 given to a friend and... what do I think? I know one of things that makes me feel squeamish about it is the price.   It feels clunky. (Yes, yes, I know that the iPad 2 is somewhat more svelte.) I don't like the glare.  It's slippery when it's not in the case.  The experience with some apps hasn't been fabulous.  I'm sorry that Flash is an issue.  Obviously it's a choice that Apple's made no matter what anyone says about battery drain, etc.  Apparently Java is horrible as well - and we're all waiting for HTML 5 and everything will be terrific, right? Maybe I'll like the iPad better when I don't feel stymied visiting this site and that. I have friends who are in love with their iPads, so I'm missing something. Maybe I just need more play time.   (My iPod Touch? I like it. Perhaps I've expected less from it because the price did not seem outrageous to me - and because it's small (??) )  What about the iPad 3 coming... soon...?   Well maybe that will be the one to get even though I will resent having to get a case for it and something to make it less slippery and something to dull the glare and goodness knows how many other accessories.  However I can foresee the day when I'll need a suitcase for an iPad x an Android-based tablet and a laptop...and portable keyboards and extra external speakers and various accessories... (oh - and my Kindle which I still really like!)  

No comments: