Thursday, June 30, 2011

I plan to join the eduMOOC 2011 live session 2pm Eastern http://goo.gl/cjXFR so I've been trying to catch up on some Google Group discussion. Wayne Macintosh and others are talking about MOOCs in relation to the OER University which includes granting credit for learning... wherever. eduMOOC "“Online Learning Today...and Tomorrow" has no learning objectives/outcomes... It has a name, a list of topics, and a gaggle of means of tracking what others are up to. We're all inventing our own reasons for being there. (A couple of people have talking about their own learning objectives.) That means if we wanted credit, we would have to... write our own? So... if I decided I wanted to go get an education degree, how would I document the work that I might do as part of eduMOOC? Are there any ways to assist students in figuring out how to present the work done in eduMOOC? I guess I'm talking about learning to make an e-portfolio... ?
https://sites.google.com/site/edumooc/ #eduMOOC

P.S. I did get to the session and the portfolio question came up among the twitterers and it's going to be discussed.

No comments: